Cook Time: 60-70 Minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 (3 sticks) cups butter
- 4 large eggs, you will use one at a time in steps 3 and 4
- 1 Tablespoon Cook's Pure Choice Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins (soaked in hot water for 20 minutes -or longer, up to overnight-, then well drained)OPTIONAL
Cream Cheese Icing:
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans or one 9X 13 inch oblong sheet cake pan.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,and sugars. Add 1-1/2 cups (3 stick) butter, one egg, and vanilla. Blend with electric mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition. Add carrots, pineapple, walnuts,coconut and raisins. Blend on LOW until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter in to prepared pan(s). Bake in center of preheated oven for abour 60-70 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center should come out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Then invert cakes on to rack and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, lemon extract and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add sugar gradually, mixing on low until smooth.
To ice cake with layers:
With metal spatula, spread icing over the top of cake to form a thin filling.Place second layer over the first,ounded side up. Coat the top and sides of the cake evenly with remaining icing. Refridgerate 1 hour to set icing. Note: Warm spatula freguently under hot water then dry quickly to making spreading easy.
Spread icing over top and sides of cake.
May decorate top with walnut halves.