Yield: 4 Dozen | Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 – 12 Minutes
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp. pure Cook’s Choice Vanilla Extract or Cook’s Organic Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
For the orange/almond variation, add 1/2 tsp. Cook’s Pure Almond Extract and 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, or 1 tsp. Cook’s Pure Orange Extract Mix together thoroughly (the freestanding Kitchen Aid mixer does this in a snap)
- 2-1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Sift & stir flour and salt together.
- Mix in 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Chill dough 30 minutes or so. Roll into one-inch balls and place 2-1/2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until set but not brown in a 400 degree oven.
- While warm, roll in confectioner’s sugar. Let cool. Roll again in confectioner’s sugar. (Kids love to make these)